Board of Ambassadors
They lead participants in the Post-Secondary Ambassador Program as they prepare to become powerful industry honchos. Meet your campus Board of Ambassadors (BoA).
What is the Board of Ambassadors?
The Board of Ambassadors (BoA) — Join top university and college students from across Ontario and be part of the "Student Council" for the Post-Secondary Ambassador Program (PSAP). They act as an advisory and advocacy group for the CPA profession. The BoA is comprised of accounting students from approximately 25 university and college campuses across Ontario.
Who can become a BoA Rep?
Practice your leadership skills as you pave your way to the top. The BoA rep position is a high-profile role that requires professionalism, leadership and initiative. That's why it's important to have the following:
- Membership in the PSAP
- A minimum 70% grade average
- Entering second or third year of university in the fall of year selected
- An essay telling us why you want to be a BoA Rep including your qualifications and interest
- Letters of reference from faculty, previous employer or other individual who acted in a supervisory or managerial role to your position
- please note that letters of reference from a fellow student will not be accepted
What do BoA Reps do?
- Attend CPA Ontario meetings
- Promote the PSAP on campus
- Promote and recruit students for CPA Ontario competitions (Chartered for Finance)
- Promote and participate in CPA-related conferences on campus
- Promote the CPA designation through on campus initiatives
Need more info? Contact the BoA rep at your campus. Ask about the PSAP program and learn how you can become a Board of Ambassador Rep.