ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE (ACAF)
Ready to take the next step in your career?
The ACAF will provide you with the job-ready skills that employers across the country value within the accounting and finance functions of their businesses. The ACAF is an online education program for those aspiring to accounting careers, but not as designated CPAs.
Whether you’re a new college graduate from a two-year program, working in an accounting function without a recognized credential or an internationally trained professional wanting to work in Canada, the ACAF provides the applied technical accounting and finance skills necessary to enhance career prospects in accounting and finance.
Is the ACAF right for you?
The ACAF program is delivered online, which means it is flexible, accessible and can be completed at your own pace, anytime, anywhere. Online learning means minimal disruption to existing commitments, while electives allow you to select training in areas that are relevant to you. Typically, it would take one year of full time studies or two to three years of part time studies to complete the entire program.
Many exciting career opportunities in accounting and finance do not require a professional accounting designation. The ACAF qualifies you for intermediate level accounting jobs in business, not-for-profit, government and accounting firms. This program is designed to enhance your existing education and experience with additional skills employers value.
What does the ACAF program offer you?
- Enhance Your Skills - Offered by the CPA profession, the ACAF is the only nationally recognized accounting and finance certificate in Canada. We ensure certificate holders possess the required applied technical and soft skills that employers need and value.
- Propel Your Career - If you’re an accounting diploma holder or are soon to earn your diploma, the ACAF provides you with credentials and skills that will give you an advantage when it comes to getting hired.
- Access the Canadian Job Market - The ACAF helps employers recognize your skills. Internationally trained accountants may be eligible for course exemptions and you may be eligible to complete ACAF in as little as six months.
Select a convenient location near you to register for an Info Session:
- GTA Central (Downtown & North York)
- GTA East & North (York, Durham and Liftlock regions)
- GTA West, Halton and Peel Regions
- Eastern Ontario (includes Kingston and area)
- Midwestern Ontario & Niagara
- Southwestern Ontario
- Northern Ontario
If you have specific questions about the ACAF program send your questions to ACAF@cpaontario.ca and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
ACAF Information Sign-up
If you want more information about the program or are interested in pursuing the ACAF sign up to our mail list and a representative from CPA Ontario will contact you.
- Yes, I would like to receive information from CPA Ontario
- No, I would not like to receive information from CPA Ontario
You will receive an email confirming your request for information when you click sign-up.